Writngs and thoughts on 'film'
I really love it and get very excited when younger filmmakers choose to use film for their projects, but I am not sure how I feel when people say they have chosen to use film to pay 'homage' to old school filmmaking, to me this suggests that 'film' / celluloid is no longer relevant for modern filmmaking. It's true that 'film' is not relevant for many of today's young filmmakers who are fed with incorrect information that everything is digital and many are becoming detached from seeing the whole picture.
Many say that film in the digital age is an aesthetic choice; personally I disagree with this view as I find film is more practical, economical and more affordable.. Unless given for free a RED or an Alexa camera Package, this includes the basic camera, cables and accessories, lenses and batterries will cost far more than renting a modern Super 16 camera package. The shooting time will increase and there will most certainly be more footage to edit and the xtra time is extra money. I choose to use film for many reasons;
1) Film gives you that authentic film look effortlessly
2) There's a certain way you work when shooting film, you are more decisive and more certain
3) High end digital systems are expensive to rent, whereas film cameras are very cheap, film can be expensive but it depends on your shooting ratio
4) Most of the time digital shoots take longer and therefore are most costly, especially in narrative film-making
5) With film you spend less time in the edit or with computers trying to 'fix' the images, digital images need a lot more work in post
On this page I will be putting together my creative writing, the stories that I have published and am currently writing.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 Technique Films & SPS Film Technology by Lightbreze [Pavan Deep]